Keeping your Invisalign aligners bacteria-free and practically invisible when worn, means knowing how to clean and care for your aligners properly. Today our Surrey dentists offer some tips on how to keep your aligners clean and looking their very best.
Invisalign's clear aligners can be an ideal orthodontic treatment for many people who are concerned about looking their best while correcting bite or misalignment.
The clear aligners are almost invisible to others when worn! Which means that, when you choose Invisalign to straighten your teeth hardly anyone will notice.
Clear Aligner Care
In order to keep your aligners looking and tasting their very best, it's essential to clean and care for them properly. Here is how our dentists recommend that you keep your aligners in tip top condition:
- Remove them whenever you drink anything except cool water. Coloured beverages can stain aligners, and hot drinks may cause the aligners to warp.
- Whenever you need to remove your aligners be sure to store them in their handy case to help protect them from damage.
- Always thoroughly brush and floss your teeth before returning aligners to your mouth to avoid food being trapped between your aligners and your teeth, which can cause bad breath and tooth decay.
- Give your aligners a rinse in clean water, (or a quick clean using mild soap and soft toothbrush), before returning them to your mouth, to prevent plaque and bacteria from building up.
The Invisalign Cleaning System
The Invisalign® cleaning system can help you to keep your aligners odour-free, hygienic and clear. Ask your dentist about the Invisalign Cleaning System.
How to use the Invisalign cleaning system on your clear aligners:
- Remove then rinse your aligners.
- Fill the cleaning container with warm water then place the aligners into the container.
- Sprinkle one packet of Invisalign cleaning crystals into the container and shake gently for 20 seconds.
- Soak your aligners in the Invisalign solution for about 15 minutes.
- After soaking, gently shake to help remove any debris from your aligners.
- Remove your aligners from the solution, rinse well in warm water (never hot water) and return your aligners to your mouth.
Invisalign clear aligners can help you to straighten your teeth without the need for brackets and wires, so that you can enjoy your smile every step of the way.