Our Surrey dentists know that learning to eat with your new dentures in is going to take time and practice. In the early days, while you adjust to your dentures, you will need to stick to a diet of soft foods. Here are a few tasty foods you may want to try.
Following your extraction, and when you first get your new dentures, you will be required to stick to a diet of soft foods and liquids.
To help make life a little easier in those early days, we recommend planning ahead and stocking up on soft-foods you will enjoy.
Here are a few soft food suggestions from our Surrey dentist to help keep your meals interesting and appetizing during this time:
Soft Foods Suggestions For People with New Dentures
Before your extraction be sure to stock your fridge with soft-foods. It's also a good idea to prepare a few meals and pop them in the freezer so that they are on-hand when you need them.
- Ripe avocados
- Noodles and pasta
- Meats that you can cook soft, like fish or ground poultry
- Home cooked big-batch soups
- Well cooked leafy greens
- Cooked vegetables (almost any vegetable can be cooked soft)
- A variety of sauces
- Oatmeal or porridge
- Canned soups (if you prefer not to cook)
- Regular or baked beans
- Soft cheeses such as: cottage cheese, ricotta, mascarpone
- Melted hard cheeses
- Low sodium vegetable juice
- Soft breads for dipping
- Eggs anyway you like them
Sweet Foods & Treats
- Muffins, pancakes, and waffles
- Fruit juice
- Bananas and other soft fruits
- Ice cream and custard (when you're in the mood for a treat)
- Smoothies and milkshakes
- Apple Sauce